This is Drill #21 in the HockeyShot Stickhandling Series. Get the most out of your HockeyShot Dangler with this fun and challenging drill. Evolve your stickhandling technique and develop soft hands. View the video and follow the techniques below.
Place a HockeyShot Extreme Dangler tool in front of you and use a stick handling ball like the Swedish Wooden Ball or the smart hockey ball. Roll your wrist, flip the ball over the stick and catch it on the other side. This movement has to be done in a fluent and controlled manner, if not you will lose control of the ball.
- Rolling action with your top wrist to cup the puck
- Keep your arms relaxed and your bottom hand in a loose but firm grip
- Blade positioned with a open face (like a golf wedge) on your backhand to pop the puck/ball
- Use a "J" shape motion pattern to execute the toe drag
- Maintain controlled, fluent movement and feel the puck on your blade
- Start slowly and progress faster once you feel comfortable with the stick handling action
- Keep your head up and use your peripheral vision to see the puck