This is Drill #25 in the HockeyShot Stickhandling Series. Get the most out of your HockeyShot Dangler with this fun and challenging drill. Evolve your stickhandling technique and develop more control. View the video and follow the techniques below.
For this drill, you will use the same hockey and hand position as you did in the basic stick handling drill. Place 2 sections of the HockeyShot Extreme Dangler together vertically in front of you. Stick handle through the Dangler in a figure 8 motion by rolling your wrists and cupping the puck on your forehand and backhand.
Extend your reach from side to side and forward to back by keeping your arms relaxed and your bottom hand in a loose but firm grip on the shaft.
- Rolling action of your wrist to cup the puck
- Keep your arms relaxed and your bottom hand in a loose but firm grip
- Use various skills
- Maintain controlled, fluent movement and feel the puck on your blade
- Start slowly and progress faster once you feel comfortable with the stick handling action
- Keep your head up and use your peripheral vision to see the puck