This is Drill #20 in the HockeyShot Stickhandling Series. Get the most out of your HockeyShot Dangler with this fun and challenging drill. This drill will help you work on your toe drags. View the video and follow the techniques below.
Set up 4 sections of the HockeyShot Extreme Dangler stickhandling tool horizontally in front of you. Moving laterally, execute a toe drag through each hole.
- Rolling action with your top wrist
- Be sure that the puck is in the center of your toe blade before pulling back
- Catch the puck in the middle of your blade on the other side of the training tool
- Keep your arms relaxed and your bottom hand in a loose but firm grip
- Maintain controlled, fluent movement and feel the puck on your blade
- Start slowly and progress faster once you feel comfortable with the stick handling action
- Keep your head up and use your peripheral vision to see the puck